Salix Pharmaceuticals (the "Program Sponsor") is sponsoring a scholarship to recognize residents of the United States. Salix is proud to offer an annual scholarship program – totaling $100,000 – that recognizes outstanding students living with GI disease, as they pursue their higher education goals. Applicants must have been accepted to, or are currently or will be attending an accredited, nonprofit, two- or four-year college, university, or an advanced (post-high school) vocational or technical school ("qualifying institution") as a student in an upcoming school year.
Scholarship applicants need not have used a Salix prescription medication to be eligible.
Salix will award 10 college scholarships up to $10,000 each. The scholarships will span a range of scholar awards:
- (4) Undergraduate Scholar Awards (eligible students must have applied to, been accepted to, or are currently attending a qualifying institution in pursuit of an undergraduate or vocational/technical degree)
- (4) Graduate Scholar Awards (eligible students must have applied to, been accepted to, or are currently attending a graduate program at a qualifying institution in pursuit of a graduate degree)
- (1) Working Parent’s Scholar Awards (eligible students must be parents who have applied to, been accepted to, or are currently attending a qualifying institution in pursuit of an undergraduate, vocational/technical, or graduate degree)
- (1) Single Parent’s Scholar Awards (eligible students must be parents who have applied to, been accepted to, or are currently attending a qualifying institution in pursuit of an undergraduate, vocational/technical, or graduate degree)
The following individuals would not be eligible to apply for the Salix GI Health Scholars Program:
- Healthcare professionals (e.g., physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners) and their staffs, and the families of each (i.e., parents, children, siblings, and spouses, and those with whom they live) are NOT eligible for Salix Scholarships.
- Employees of Salix or any of its affiliates or of any entity assisting in the administration of the Salix Scholarship Program, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate.
- You are not eligible for a scholarship if you are eligible for reimbursement of prescriptions, in whole or in part, by any federal, state or other governmental programs, including, but not limited to, Medicare (including Medicare Advantage and Part A, B and D Plans), Medicaid, TRICARE, Veterans Administration or Department of Defense health coverage, CHAMPUS, the Puerto Rico Government Health Insurance Plan, or any other federal or state health care programs.
All essays and the rights to their publication become the property of Salix Pharmaceuticals, which may use, edit or excerpt these entries including your name, GI condition, and the content of the essay for promotional or any other purpose without attribution or compensation, additional or otherwise.
Salix reserves the right to use the scholarship recipients' names, likenesses and quotes in any advertising, websites or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the recipients.