Who is eligible to apply?
Residents of the United States who have been diagnosed with and treated for a GI condition and who are pursuing higher education are eligible to apply. For additional details visit Rules & Regulations
Is there any cost to apply?
There is no cost to apply for this scholarship.
Where do I submit my application?
All applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Any applications mailed to Salix or handed in to a doctor or employee will not qualify.
Who do I contact if I’m having technical difficulties submitting my application?
Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your issue and contact info and someone will assist you.
When are applications due?
Your application must be submitted in its entirety before 11:59 p.m. EST on March 1st.
Will you accept late entries?
Late entries will not be accepted. Salix is not responsible for and will not consider any late, lost, or incomplete applications.
Will I receive a confirmation email once I submit my application?
Yes, you will receive an automatic response confirming your application has been received.
Does my entire application need to be submitted by the due date in order to qualify?
Yes, you must email your submission before 11:59 p.m. EST on March 1st.
What are the scholarship details?
- There are four distinct Scholarship Categories (Undergraduate Scholar Awards, Graduate Scholar Awards, Working Parent’s Scholar Awards and Single Parent’s Scholar Awards)
- Applicants can apply to one Scholarship Category
- Each Scholarship Recipient will be awarded up to $10,000 for 2020-2021 tuition costs, which will be paid directly to his or her school
- Scholarships will be applied to tuition expenses only
- The scholarships are void where prohibited or restricted by law
- Recipients will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes
- Institutions must be accredited, nonprofit, two- or four-year colleges, universities, or post-high school vocational or technical schools in the United States
Who will own the rights to my essay and application materials?
All essays and the rights to their publication become the property of Salix Pharmaceuticals, which may use, edit or excerpt these entries including your name, GI condition, and the content of the essay for promotional or any other purpose without attribution or compensation, additional or otherwise.
Salix reserves the right to use the Scholarship recipients' names, likenesses and quotes in any advertising, websites or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the recipients.
What are my responsibilities if selected as a Salix Gastrointestinal Health Scholar?
- You must be accepted or currently enrolled as a full-time student*
- You must be able to provide proof of acceptance to or enrollment in a college, university, or vocational or technical school upon being selected for the scholarship
- You must remain in school for the entire academic year without interruption unless approved by Salix Pharmaceuticals
- You must sign and return all required documents from the Award Acceptance Package within 10 business days of the date you were notified of the award (signature will be required).
- All taxes, fees, surcharges of any kind relating to the award of a Scholarship are solely your responsibility
*If you have applied to an academic institution for the upcoming year, but have not yet been accepted, you will need to communicate your status to Salix Pharmaceuticals at the time you are selected as a scholar award winner. Once you have been accepted and made your decision as to where you will attend, you will need to communicate this information in a timely manner in order for the scholarship to be paid to the institution you will be attending for the fall or spring semester.
Will the scholarship be provided as one lump sum?
Scholarships will be paid in one installment directly to the Qualifying Institution.
What about taxes?
The Scholarship Recipient is responsible for paying any local, state, or federal taxes required by law on the scholarship.
How will winners be contacted?
Scholarship Recipients will be contacted by phone and confirmed with a letter in the mail.
How will the applications be judged?
To ensure a fair evaluation process, each judge will have a score sheet and guidelines so they can fairly evaluate certain criteria based on scholarship category (undergraduate, graduate, working parent, single parent). When the top 50 applications are narrowed down in each category, judges will discuss applications and essays to select the recipients. Decisions of the judging panel are final and are not subject to appeal. No application feedback will be given.
If I win the Salix Gastrointestinal Health Scholars as an undergraduate can I apply again?
Yes, winners can apply again but you cannot submit the same entry.
Who can I contact if my question isn’t answered?
Please reach out to email@example.com